Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How To: 89-91 Interior Door Panel Removal; 1992-1994 simlar
Topic Started: Dec 28 2010, 08:09 PM (3,667 Views)
Jim-Bob
Junkyard Engineer

This is to show how to remove the interior panel without damaging. I figured that I took all these pictures and might as well put them to good use. I hope this helps someone.

Posted Image

Before we begin, please note the position of the window crank. This 45 degrees from horizontal position is what the factory specs it to be and it should be reinstalled in the same position.

Posted Image

Here we see the position that the window crank removal tool needs to be in in order to dislodge the retaining clip. Note that it is between the window crank and the plastic washer that protects the door panel from wear.

Posted Image

Next, you want to remove the two screws inside the holes in the door handle. They are covered by two caps that just pop out with a little prying.

Posted Image

Now you need to remove the inside door handle. This is accomplished by removing the center screw and sliding it forward then out. Why forward? the handle is held in by slots in the door and needs to be slipped out. After that you need to unclip the lock rods by pivoting them off of the rods. ( Sorry about the quality of the pic)

Posted Image

You may be wondering how the hell you get the door panel off the seatbelts. This is how. you first pop the panel loose around the bottom and then gently work out the separation point between the two pieces. They are not attached here to make disassembly easier. Not shown is the black top piece being removed. It should just come off with light persuasion as it is not held on by any fasteners.

Posted Image

The bottom seat belt is a little harder than the top. You need to turn it upside down and gently work the tabs out of the panel to get it free.

There you have it! That's how you remove an interior door panel.

Edited by Jim-Bob, Dec 28 2010, 11:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Redneck

Very good. I edited topic title to reflect year since they are different year to year.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Great! ...and I bookmarked it for future reference for other members. :thumb
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jim-Bob
Junkyard Engineer

Johnny Mullet
Dec 28 2010, 08:58 PM
Very good. I edited topic title to reflect year since they are different year to year.
Ooops! I should have remembered that ( I have one of each). Thanks for the correction!

gbobtunz
Geo Bob
[ *  * ]
Am I doing something wrong - I can't see the pictures?

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

gbobtunz
Oct 19 2011, 10:33 PM
Am I doing something wrong - I can't see the pictures?
Sent you a PM.

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

Nice job on the write up, however if you don't have the cir-clip removal tool, you can also use any rag to remove the clip (picture 2).

bingbill
[ *  *  * ]
I didn't get the pics. will this work on a 92 2-door?

Old Man

no pics

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

WHERE ARE THE PICS????

snowfish
Member Avatar
Basic GearHead

No pics here either. :news

kingthursday
Member Avatar

pics would be nice

Shinrin
Member Avatar

http://geometroforum.com/topic/4544704/1/

Pretty much the same. Back door instead of front. The only difference is the seatbelt.

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

:news :news :news :news

:die

Robisaurus
Member Avatar
Cherry popped 01/14/12

Would someone be willing to re-post with pics? I'm having really silly problems with my seatbelt and I want my door panel back! :banghead :bump

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Guides/How to · Next Topic »
Add Reply