Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lawn Mowers
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 10:55 PM (1,356 Views)
93Metro5spd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have a Grasshopper with a six foot front deck. It looks like a hunk of junk and has been 'modified' to stay in one piece. However, this mower is hands down the most powerful and efficient piece of lawn mowing equipment I have ever owned. Pictures of the wretched beast may follow.

What types of lawn mowers do you people have?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alpine
1020cc G10 GOML

i use a man power push mower :D

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

"Shit ton-o-goats"

I use an old Walmart brand 22" push mower, found it on the side of the street by my house, put a new starter handle on it. One of the best push mowers i've ever used.

I used an old single bladed Snapper riding mower for a few years, but we sold it in a move... that was a good mower.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Murf 59
Member Avatar

A Briggs ans Stratton, push mower. The good news is, I rented a park, the bad news is I have to mow it. LOL My land lord is over 80+. And can no longer do it. He does however have a new riding mower. I only use mine for the hard to mow stuff.

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

Right now im trying to get 2 push mowers to work. I also have 2 rideing mowers and im rebuilding my dads john deere.

The 2 push have some automatic choke thing that just wont work. Ive tried and tried but I cant figure it out.

1 riding works great!
1 pings a bit b/c the end of a spark plug that was too long got broken off inside. Im going to use a magnet wand to pull it out.
The John Deere caught on fire. There was a leak in the carburator and I went to jump start it and boom. It exploded into flames. I saved all but the carburator, air box, and that spinning fan on the top. Ive got all the parts to rebuild it this weekend.

CityConnection
Member Avatar
Sir, yes sir!

I've got gravel and dirt... so no mower.

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

I have an old scott's push mower (no power) but mostly I use my electrics. I have 2 "plug ins" (extension cords) and I have 2 (one working one bad batteries as a parts machine) cordless electrics.

Orange too!! :-)

rmcelwee
Member Avatar

We have .67 acres so we bought a riding mower when we first moved in. The first one was a Craftsman POS that would lose the belt 2x every day we used it. My wife's grandfather collects small engines/tractors and "bought" it off us for $1000 but with the condition that we purchased a John Deere with the money. We ended up paying an extra $600 or so and got an L110 (automatic with a Kohler engine). I would have never paid $1600 for one but we couldn't pass up the generous gift. I wasn't going to get an automatic but my father talked me into it. I'm glad he did because it is a very nice feature.

Posted Image

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

rmcelwee
Apr 20 2010, 11:54 PM
We have .67 acres so we bought a riding mower when we first moved in. The first one was a Craftsman POS that would lose the belt 2x every day we used it. My wife's grandfather collects small engines/tractors and "bought" it off us for $1000 but with the condition that we purchased a John Deere with the money. We ended up paying an extra $600 or so and got an L110 (automatic with a Kohler engine). I would have never paid $1600 for one but we couldn't pass up the generous gift. I wasn't going to get an automatic but my father talked me into it. I'm glad he did because it is a very nice feature.

Posted Image

Thats the same John Deere im rebuilding. If you have a weld shop nearby I would suggest reenforcing the pullys if you have a newer driver on it. My brother constantly stoped the mower by stopping the blades on rocks and such. The pully ripped right off of the deck. I got a friend to weld it once and it broke again so I just JB welded it. It holds just fine now though...

rmcelwee
Member Avatar

No problems with the pulleys. The only problem I have is that my wife runs the deck into something every time she mows. I've worn out the deck level adjusting bolts <G>.

FWIW, the JD uses the same oil filter as my Toyota Tacoma...
Edited by rmcelwee, Apr 21 2010, 12:52 AM.

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

rmcelwee
Apr 21 2010, 12:51 AM
No problems with the pulleys. The only problem I have is that my wife runs the deck into something every time she mows. I've worn out the deck level adjusting bolts <G>.

FWIW, the JD uses the same oil filter as my Toyota Tacoma...
Ya its annoying to hear vrooooom-Bang!-"oops"

You could probablly get new ones from home depo. I replaced ours by going to the John Deere store. Dads footing the bill and he doesnt mind so I figured I'd get him name brand parts. Hes funny about saving money...but thats a story for another time lol

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Redneck

I have an acre of land and I used to push mow it. The last couple years I bought used, junk riders and they never lasted, so I recently bought a new 2010 Poulan 17.5HP 42" riding mower.

Mowing is no longer a chore.

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

John Deere, at the "department store" level is CRAP! There are much better mowers for around the same price, you just have to look.

Potter
Member Avatar
Col. Potter

I have an old 1970s simplicity garden tractor... needs a new engine... going to find a new 11 hp engine with the sloted shank to bolt on the orignal pully, becaue I've found that one from a murry tractor. Won't work, dang thing is a tourqey bastard, dosent go fast but if you throw the chains on it and throw it in low it'll pull anything... when ki traded my isuzu pickup I towed it up to a friends on that lawn mower. Beauty part it was origanaly a 6 hp engine. Let's say they don't make stuff like they used to

Big Rhino
Member Avatar

I have never bought a lawnmower. What do I use? What ever I find that someone else has thrown away. I have rider mowers and self propelled mowers and just about anything else people use and when they dont run put them on the street for the garbage man. Same thing for weedeaters and edgers and blowers. Every year when the first lawn cutting needs to be done you find them. People pull that rope, it dont start, to the street and to the store for the new one they go. 99% of the time all that is wrong with a lawnmower is carburation. Trash in the carburator. The other 1% is the spark plug. Some may say well I dont know how to work on them things. The public library is full of books about small engine repair. Safe yourself some money and learn how to fix them dudes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply